CHARTERHOUSE Auctioneers & Valuers
We are a very busy family run business in the middle of this beautiful historic market town. Our clients are based locally and internationally, due to our strong internet presence. The position we are trying to fill is crucial to the smooth running of the business. We are looking for someone with administration experience and with excellent time management skills.
• The ability to have an overview of the work required, and to manage the completion of the work.
• Fast, accurate typing.
• Experience with Word and Windows.
• Office experience – especially the ability to work accurately to deadlines under pressure.
• A smart appearance.
• The ability to deal with the public in a friendly and efficient way.
• Numeracy, mental arithmetic, invoice creation and petty cash management.
• Good organisational skills.
• We are looking for someone who is willing to fulfil any working role that is required. In return the job offered is varied, busy and rewarding. We work as a team, and try and create a friendly working atmosphere.
• Answering the telephone, if reception is unable to answer.
• Managing an assistant who deals with all enquiries relating to postage, and all office needs, filing etc, and stepping in to help where necessary.
• Typing customer and catalogue information on to the auction package, for which training in our auction package will be given.
• Secretarial work using Microsoft Word.
• Dealing with customers on a daily basis taking payments for items bought, sending out reminders for unpaid bills.
• Petty cash management and reconciliation.
• There will be many other aspects to the job, depending on ability. This is a key position in our company.
Salary: Please contact Abigail Bromell. Hours of work; 8.50am to 5.10pm, Monday to Friday. During the auction week (usually once a month) there is a late viewing to 6.10pm on Wednesday, and auction days (Friday) start at 8.20am. Four times a year there is a car auction on a Saturday and Sunday, for which overtime will be paid on a pro rata basis. Overtime will be necessary to complete the cataloguing entries prior to deadline (once a month). Being willing to work extra hours over and above those stated is an essential part of the position. Holiday: 4 weeks per year, plus bank holidays.
To apply please click the apply button